June 02, 2005

On the move at last! >> Travel: Isan, Northeast Thailand 2


Day 0: Late afternoon, Singapore

Packing to go on a trip and packing to move house at the same time is no fun. Very, very messy. Feeling even more disorganised than usual! Also very sleepy, but must not take a snooze. Am afraid will not be able to sleep early tonight if I nap now. Have to leave at 6am tomorrow. Can't remember when I last wake up while the sky is still dark!

Feeling rather tired; don't think this trip will be very relaxing. From the train station opposite the airport, we hope to get tickets out of Bangkok. Don't want to be stranded in Bangkok tomorrow, or we'll have to waste time looking for accommodation just for one night. Oh well, no point fretting in advance. Better to continue packing.

Next morning, Singapore (coffee break in Changi Airport's Burger King)

Alamak! Set the alarm of my trusty clock wrongly and, as a result, woke up one hour LATER than I was supposed to. Had washed and dressed in controlled panic before dashing off to take a cab. Now I've $10 less to spend in Thailand!

The airport is very crowded -- loads of people leaving with huge cases. Had to dodge bags and bodies before diving downstairs to the bus bay to meet my friend and travelling pal, Annie. I made it! Annie hasn't stormed off; the plane is still on the tarmac. So now, I can seat back and inhale my caffeine. Ah, I think I'm going to enjoy this trip after all.
(Trip completed: Feb 2001)

scenery: leavesBudget (in Singapore Dollars)
Taxi from home to Changi Airport >> S$13
Breakfast at Burger King >> S$ 6

Some useful LINKS:
Tourism Authority of Thailand -
Airports

Tomorrow...
Day 1: Five-baht train-ride, mobile sauna, hmmm... But, training for the Olympics in the Chao Praya?



No comments: